Monday, June 11, 2012

Stalking the Swans - Print-a-Day-12



This is number 12 in the  series "Print a Day for 30 Days."

Nothing special here.  It's just a shot of one of the other photographers from a past photo walk.

I selected this image for the printing project because of the shadows on the stone wall.  The detail in the stone face depends on capturing the range of highlights and shadows.  It doesn't need to be perfect, but the variations need to be smooth.  If the shadows block up or the highlights are overblown, all the detail is lost.  I've been using glossy paper for this project and the print turned out just fine.

Anyone think this might make a good puzzle?  There are services that turn photos into puzzles.  I haven't put a puzzle together for years, but that's what I thought of when I saw the wall.

gs



No comments: